Adventures in Curtsyland!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Persistence of Yellow


The Persistence of Yellow is a "book of recipes for life". In the forward to this magical book, Author Monique Duval talks of her grandmother's bright yellow kitchen. A room not only to cook in, but to impart life wisdoms and wonders. "The Persistence of Yellow is a book about a place like this that exists in all our hearts." It really is an odd little book, but when you read it, it just somehow makes you feel just swell. I like things that remind us to be a little awed every day. It's so easy for me to get caught up in the business of day to day that I forget to pay attention to the little amazements that are all around.



We finished assembling all of the Tarina Tarantino special order catalogs today. If there are any brides out there that are looking for the perfect accessories for your special day, Tarina has a Bridal Catalog. The Pearl and Crystal Two Row Choker and the Spring Silk Anywhere Flower Clip are just 2 of the items to help you be the most ravishing bride. A lot of the items in this catalog would be the perfect finishing touch for prom outfits as well. Just remember that the special orders normally take 4 - 6 weeks, so be sure to allow enough time.



I received a blog comment today complimenting me on playing the Across the Universe soundtrack in the store the other day. The woman who wrote the comment said she wished I had been singing, because she wanted to bust out in song. Danielle left a note on my computer this morning asking if I posted that comment myself! HA!! We don't always agree on music choices, but I'm not yet loony enough to post a comment on our own blog. Any time you hear music that moves you to song in our store - go ahead - sing your heart out - really - we won't mind! I mean, how can stand you not sing to the Beatles?

XOXO
Curtsy Mama
Mary Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home