Adventures in Curtsyland!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Birthday Surprises!

I returned from New York last night and let me tell you, The Curtsy Girls shopped until we dropped. Oh wait, let me correct that - We shopped until I dropped, and Danielle went out partying with new New York buds(oh to be 25 again!). Now that it's all over, I can let on about her b-day surprises. First of all, her BFF Veronica called me a month ago and had decided to surprise Danielle by meeting us in New York. Fabulous plan, but then Danielle, not knowing that Veronica was planning on being there announces to me Thursday night that she's made plans to meet a friend right after we get into La Guardia, and asks if I can get us checked into the hotel and she'll see me later. NO, NO, NO! So, I have to log onto her e-mail account, which caused me all kinds of guilt, find the woman's e-mail to Danielle and LUCKILY find her phone number. At the airport, I leave Danielle watching all the bags and call the woman from the restroom telling her that she HAS to cancel the plans for the night. Ended up our planes were about 4 hours late anyways. As promised, Veronica was sitting in the lobby when we walked in with flowers, gifts AND Magnolia Bakery cupcakes! Danielle's other surprise was that her Grandma and I arranged for her to stay an additional 2 days so she could spend her b-day money. She's there right now, in shopping heaven!

A while back, I found the coolest birthday candle for her cake, so cool in fact that after lighting it, I knew that I had to bring it into Curtsyland! When You take it out of the box, it looks like a closed flower. Slap it on the cake, light it up and watch in amazement as the center shoots up a mini column of flame, which then lights all of the candles. The flower then opens up with all of the candles burning and spins and plays Happy Birthday. Love it, love it, love it! It was definitely the hit of the party. I ordered them prior to leaving for NY and they came in today.

We're so excited with all of the new wonderful goodies we found at the show. It's always torture to wait for them to start arriving (we want what we want and we want it NOW). We try and schedule our shipments so that something new comes in every week (we love seeing our UPS guy). We always get fired up for fall & the holiday season to begin when we're at the show. Stay tuned for all of the exciting new goodies coming to Curtsy Bella this fall.

XOXO
Curtsy Mama
Mary Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home