Adventures in Curtsyland!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Thanks



When I was growing up, within a week after Christmas, my parents insured that I wrote a thank you note to everyone that had given me a gift. I didn't love doing it, but as I matured was grateful that it was something they made me do (eek - was my mother actually right about something?). When I was raising my kids, I always stressed good manners and writing thank you notes was one of the things I made them do (OMG - have I become my mother?). If you let the kids choose some fun cards on which to write their note it makes the task easier to swallow. The Sweet Note Letter Set by Eeboo and the Robot Create Your Own Card Set by Mudpuppy are two great ways to inspire your young letter writers.


If you're like me and think that good manners are becoming a lost skill, check out the Good Manners Flash Cards. The cards have "polite pigs" demonstrating good behavior in familiar situations. A fun way to help your kiddos learn these important skills without becoming the dreaded "nag".



XOXO
Curtsy Mama
Mary Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home