Adventures in Curtsyland!

Monday, October 29, 2007

Surreal


Veronica arrives tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I took yesterday off instead of today as Curtsy Mama will have to come in tomorrow, which is normally her day off, so I can pick up Veronica at the airport. I got all caught up on my magazine reading yesterday. If you are as much of a fashion glossy lover as I am...you may have noticed that W magazine has had a new feature near the front titled Trend. The October issue's Trend follows surrealism....and featured are Harry Allen's resin hand hooks!! Harry Allen's reality products have always been some of my favorite items in the store. The hand hooks hang on the wall and are cast from the designer's hand. They come in five different hand positions. The one featured in W is the C'mere, which is great as a coat hook, key hanger, etc. Other hand positions include Om which holds incense, Grab and Offer which can hold anything, and Bestow which comes with a vase and a candle holder that can be interchanged.

Other products we carry from Harry Allen include the Pig bank, My Brother's Frame, and My Brother's Mirror. The Pig Bank is cast resin from a pig that died a natural death, and are chrome or gold plated. My Brother's Frame came to be after the designer was so taken with a frame he found in his brother's closet that he decided to cast it. I love the large, stunning frame with just a 4" x 6" picture opening....very dramatic. My Brother's Mirror is the same frame casting....just with a slightly larger mirror inside.

We received the most gorgeous jewelry line in today!!!! I didn't get a chance to take pictures of it, but we will for sure give you a peek tomorrow. We have been anxiously awaiting this line....it is a company based overseas which can sometimes be a headache to buy from. Last year we came across a situation where we had a bunch of goodies coming from a company in the UK. The shipment contained some novelty band-aids and got held at customs because we weren't a FDA approved business! It ended up staying at customs for about two weeks while we applied for and got FDA approved before it was be released. Anyways.....just goes to show we fell hard for this jewelry and had to take a chance. And I am happy to report that the company has been a dream to work with and shipping only took a few days!

xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home