Adventures in Curtsyland!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Costume Trauma

The Captain and I attended a Halloween party last night.....a good trial run for our costumes. Remember how I mentioned my too-expensive Marie Antoinette costume was a bit big?? Well, I spent more $$$ and got it altered so it fit perfectly....it's the worst to be uncomfortable in a costume. So in the middle of our partying.....I notice the panel of the bows that runs down the front center bodice is slowly coming apart from the cheap polyester jacquard fabric. AND......I was standing next to someone who was smoking a cigarette...felt the cigarette hit my hand and looked down and the cherry was on my dress!!! My beautiful Queen attire is now ripped and burned.....and I still have a few more occasions that I will be wearing it to!! Curtsy Mama and I are going to get creative on Monday......we will save the Queen!

We received oodles of fabulous new books and kits yesterday. My favorite is Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous: A Nutritionist's Guide to Living Well While Living It Up. I just flipped through it today, but can't wait to read more. We also received The Hostess Diary.....perfect for anyone who loves to entertain. Inside you will find space for planning a menu, creating the guest list, recording ideas and details of each soirée, and bits of advice throughout.

Two of the kits we received are The Striptease Kit, and Truth or Dare: A Game of Passion. The Striptease kit is a guide to the art of taking it all off....and includes all the accoutrements and information you'll need to pull off a tantalizing tease (and it has red sequined pasties....love!!) The Truth or Dare kit is by Thrusti, Kicki, Grabbi, which is a company that makes a some fabulous cards that we carry at the store. It includes this adorable ivory dice that you roll to determine whether your next turn holds a truth or dare, and the cards have the best illustrations on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home