Adventures in Curtsyland!

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Late Start...

I'm getting a late start on the blog today as I just hung up from gabbing to my cousin Julie. She was filling me in on her visit to Texas to see her dad, my Uncle Bill. My Aunt Carol suffered from Multiple Sclerosis for many, many years and my uncle was her care giver. What a testament of true love - they were married for over 50 years and for at least 40 of those years, she battled MS. I should actually say "they" battled the disease together. For the last 10 years she was severely disabled, and he did everything for her. Sadly, she passed away last year. My uncle is in his 80's and although he still grieves, he's getting out and doing all the things he wasn't able to do over the past decade. He is taking organ lessons, dance lessons, has joined a church group, has season theater tickets, the list goes on and on. What an inspiration he is - reminding me to live each day to the fullest!

Speaking of love...I've been working with some of our customers who are in the process of planning their wedding. They've had me order custom ties as gifts for the groomsmen. These hand silk screened "elegantly subversive" ties are a kick ass departure from the traditional. They are adding the saucy Girl With Gun cuff links as an extra surprise. Seems the word is getting out that the Curtsy Girls help de-stress bridal gift giving!
XOXO
Curtsy Mama
Mary Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home