Adventures in Curtsyland!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Mom's Story



I lost my mom last September and this will be my first Mother's Day without her. I was so grateful to be able to spend a lot of time with her last summer. During that time, we played endless games of gin rummy and she would tell me some of the stories of her life. I wish now that I had asked her to write them down, as they have already started to fade a bit in my memory. My Mom: Her Stories Her Words is a book filled with questions about her life. Once she has filled it out, it will become a treasured heirloom, filled with her stories and memories.

Some moms are dedicated journalers, finding peace and serenity in the self exploration that writing offers. For those women, Her Life Journal, is perfect. Each page has quotes from remarkable women to spark her creative juices.

I'm heading up to Maine for a few days. My father's cousin's wife (I think that's my first cousin, once removed) lives up there. She's always been kind of a second mom to me and I haven't seen her for quite a while, so I'm excited to spend some time with her. Danielle has graciously offered to care for the Snick dog while I'm gone, so he'll be happy to be at home and not in a kennel. Son Josh is going to walk him every day. I'm one lucky, lucky mom to have such awesome kids!

XOXO
Curtsy Mama
Mary Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home