Adventures in Curtsyland!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is that your costume?

I spent yesterday looking for a costume. Not the one that I'll be wearing to the store on Friday, but one for a party that I'm going to Saturday night. A group that I belong to is having a Prom Night Do Over, for anyone who wished they could go back and do it again, a little differently. Word is that a bunch of my pals are dressing in various prom dresses and that was what was on my radar yesterday. After hitting many, many vintage stores and trying on way too many outfits, I didn't find exactly a traditional prom dress,but then again, I was never really much of a traditional girl. I grew up in the 60's & 70's and remember when mini-skirts first came on the scene. I happened to find the perfect black mini dress at Red Light Boutique on the Ave. I look oh so much better in it than the floor length white gown my grandmother graciously bought me for the occassion. It's short (really, really short) but it fits me like a glove and I have the perfect go go boots to complete the outfit.


If you want to be in the holiday spirit, but aren't so in to dressing up, Curtsyland has a couple of great options. Dress in all black and throw on our Trick or Treat Prize Ribbon Pin and you're set. Maybe you prefer the whole mysterious stranger route. Our Pumpkin or Black Cat Masquerade Masks will help you maintain that glamorous mysterious aura without much costume commitment.


What do you do with the kids when they're waiting for it to get dark enough out to go Trick or Treating? Keep them occupied - right? Put on some music, grab some of these Halloween Maracas and help them burn up some of that energy! Don't you wish you could somehow channel their excess energy to you, someone who really need it?

XOXO
Curtsy Mama
Mary Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home