Adventures in Curtsyland!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Discoveries

I had yesterday off and my favorite thing to do, as I've mentioned before, is to walk and explore. I made several awesome discoveries in yesterday's travels. You have to understand that since I moved here 4 years ago, I have worked - ALOT and have not had time to enjoy all this grand city has to offer. My first find was Myrtle Edwards and Elliot Bay Parks. What a fabulous place to walk - right on the sound with a spectacular view of the Olympics! Truly - it just doesn't get much better than that! My other quest yesterday, was to head over to Molly Moon's Ice Cream Shop http://www.mollymoonicecream.com/. Molly was in the store on Saturday and I got to meet her. She told me how very fabulous her ice cream was, so I simply had to check it out. The end to my perfect Sunday was to have Salted Carmel Ice Cream with homemade Hot Fudge Sauce. Just thinking about it now is making my mouth water. There are 2 Molly Moon locations, one on 45th Street in Wallingford and one on Pine Street up in Capital Hill. Definitely worth the wait in the inevitable line.



New art arrived today- kind of tiny, but quite stylish. This art is in the form of matchboxes, or art for your coffee table as I like to call them! We all have collections of great candles sitting around waiting to be lit, now you can stack a few of these matchboxes ready to provide the flames. A collection of a few of these stuck on the wall also makes an unusual little, inexpensive, grouping.




I've been stuck at my desk all day today, plowing through the piles of paperwork that Curtsyland generates. Unfortunately, my desk is just a small corner in the back room, barely enough room for my computer. If it was even a smidge bigger, this bad boy would be holding my pen. The hunky hottie will also hold your business cards - a nice addition to any one's desk top.


REMINDER


This Saturday, May 23rd is our one day anniversary sale!! We're taking 10% off everything in the store - even the sale items!! We'll be serving sparkling libations and mini cupcakes provided by Wink Cupcakes .http://www.winkcupcakes.com/

XOXO

Curtsy Mama

Mary Jo


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home