Adventures in Curtsyland!

Monday, February 2, 2009

It's All About Family


My son's roommate, Greg, has been traveling in Southeast Asia for the past 6 months. After losing his job last summer, he decided to use his savings and see the world. Greg lived with us for several years when he was growing up, so he's like another son to me and a brother to my real son, Josh. He's been missed by his Seattle circle of friends and we were all thrilled to find out that he's scheduled to return to the Emerald City on March 3rd. He's missed a lot of holidays and celebrations while he was away, so we've decided that upon his return we're going to catch him up on all that he missed. We're cooking a turkey dinner (Thanksgiving) that everyone will be required to come to in costume (Halloween) and we'll be decorating cookies (one of our annual holiday traditions) opening gifts (Christmas), toasting to good wishes (New Years) and exchanging heartfelt sentiments (Valentine's Day). I'm big on family traditions and if your family is like mine, small, you adopt people to be your extended family and include them in the celebrations.

Making Memories is a wonderful book by actress Josie Bissett. It's filled with over 200 ways to sprinkle magic and merriment into the moments you spend with your kids. Kids grow, but they will always cherish the memories you make together.


As many of you know I lost my mom last fall. I was lucky enough to be able to spend a lot of time with her last summer and we spend alot of that time talking about her life. I wasn't so lucky when my father passed away many years ago. I wish that I had been able to give both one of these fabulous books from Compendium. My Mom: Her Stories, Her Words and My Dad: His Stories, His Words make wonderful gifts for parents. It's one thing to hear their stories, but so much nicer when they write them down. The books will become a treasured family heirlooms.

XOXO
Curtsy Mama
Mary Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home