Adventures in Curtsyland!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Grizzlies....Sappy Cards

The Grizzlies season has started back up! The Grizzlies are Seattle's national Footy league (Australian Rules Football). The Captain got asked to be one of the team captains this year....very exciting! I will keep you up to date as to when his games are. If you know any boys who enjoy a rough sport....be sure to tell them about The Grizzlies.....they are always in need of American players. At the national tournaments - they are required to have half American & half Aussie players on the field at all times. Also very exciting.....April sees the launch of Sports NW (a new magazine I believe affiliated with Sound Magazine) and they did a whole write up on Footy with a full page pic of the Captain!!! (He is the ridiculously handsome with all the tattoos - he assured me he isn't actually getting tackled in this pic...just looks that way....he totally pulled out of it) Word has it that every attendee will be receiving this first issue at the first Mariners game!!

We finally have a new order of Sappy Cards on the way.....definitely one of our favorite card lines. Our absolute best selling card from this line reads "Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you." on the front.....the inside reads "Well, obviously. (You're probably thinking to yourself.)...why would I send you this card if I wasn't thinking about you...and what a stupid thing to say in a card....and even stupider to affect stupidity, as if that's funny? Well fuck you then."

Another best seller - front reads: "The other morning I had an itch in the back of my throat and when I scratched it the only way you can those deep-down ones, with muscle contractions at the base of my tongue, for a moment there..." inside: "...I tasted you." Great one for any holidays reads "fuck holidays" on the front, "and fuck words on paper" on the back.


One of my personal favs says "You're one of those people who's only pretty because you're almost ugly" on the front, and the back reads "you come so close to being completely repulsive that the sense of danger in teetering on that brink gives your look an excitement that's somehow attractive, like if a butterfly had flapped its wings somewhere the moment you were born, everything might've been different enough to make manifest your face's latent hideousness. Know what I mean?" I hope these few examples have given you an idea of how you can really depend on this card line to find the words you sometimes struggle to find. Bravo Sappy Cards...we adore you.

xxxx

1 Comments:

  • At March 26, 2008 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Hey how fun - I know Aaron the guy in the background of the picture in the article! I've never been to one of the matches, but I've watched a lot of ARF on tv. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home