Adventures in Curtsyland!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tables, Labels and Snickers

I don't have a lot of free time, but I recently made the decision that I wanted to start doing a little volunteering on my day off. I was always very involved in the schools when my kids were young and I miss the interaction with little kids. It seems like when you are ready to commit to something, the opportunity just presents itself. We were recently approached to donate for a fund raiser for the Denise Louie Education Center. Turns out they are always in need of volunteers, so I signed up and yesterday was my first day. Little kids are just so silly, you can't help but leave there feeling good!

Danielle was so happy this afternoon, as some new display tables she has been anxiously awaiting arrived. The tables were shipped by truck and arrived with some other items we had ordered. Everything came from this company in boxes on a pallet. The trucker walked in and wanted to know where our loading door was so he could just bring in the entire pallet. Suffice if to say he was not amused when we pointed to the front (and our only) door. We hustled around this afternoon and got all the boxes unpacked - even Snickers the Curtsy Dog got in on the action. I wish I could say he helped, but in actuality, all he did was to stand around and fart (did I really just say that?). He's old, what can I say.....

The computer is coming back tomorrow. Kimber called this afternoon and let me know that he had been able to salvage most of my data - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU KIMBER!!!!! YOU ARE THE COMPUTER GOD!!! We have been having to hand write all of our price stickers this week, which has really slowed down the process. We will definitely be doing the happy dance tomorrow when we can once again use our label printer!

XOXO
Curtsy Mama
Mary Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home