Adventures in Curtsyland!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Engagement Pictures

I have been promising to many of our lovely customers that I would post pictures & updates as the wedding plans progress. A few weeks ago, we had Engagement pictures taken by the divine Barbie Hull, who will also be photographing our big day. The pictures don't have the same feel as the wedding will....you see, I found these ahhhmazing Empire State heels...and since we got engaged in NYC, I had to have them for our engagement session. The shoes led to a red, black & bling theme for the shoot. I brought a few goodies home from the store to use that some of you may recognize....the bling skull lamp, the jeweled pistol wall vase, and the triple gun table vase.
That skull lamp was actually a project that the Captain & I did together in the first few months we were dating. I had found the lamp at an antique store and had started adorning it with crystals. He came into my life just about the time I had become tres tired of bedazzling, and picked up where I had left off. He was on such a jeweling high after he finished it, that he decided to do the pistol wall vase as well. I'm pretty sure I knew right away that any man that would rhinestone for me, was a man I wanted to marry ;) That's spidey on a gorgeous pearl encrusted ship that will be appearing in my hair at one point during the big day. I found the ship at a little antique store just after we got engaged. Our wedding has a Marie Antoinette-ish theme...so a ship in the hair was a must!
Which shoes to choose indeed!!!! Hope you enjoy...I will do another post soon to feature the Bridesmaid inspiration boxes I put together. In the meantime...Barbie just posted pictures of our invitations on her blog....she took the most beautiful pictures of them and I am so grateful!!!!! Check them out here!
xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home